Crow Pose tones and strengthens the abdominals and arms.
- Strengthens arms and wrists
- Stretches the upper back
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles
- Opens the groin
- Tones the abdominal organs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Stand with your feet mat width apart. Squat down and place your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Lean your inner thighs onto your elbows and upper arms.
- Keep the chin lifted and slowly lean forward until you can lift the toes of the ground.
- Look forward to prevent yourself from falling forward.
If it is too difficult to lift your feet off the ground, lean most of your body weight onto your elbows and keep one or both feet in contact with the ground.
To make this pose more challenging, add a twist. Come into a squat as described above, but keep your knees together. Turn both knees to the left, and lean the right knee on the left elbow. Lean forward, keep the knees together and lift both feet off the ground.